They say, «We are what we eat». We should amend this: we are also both what we drink and what we breathe. After all, a human is 80% water and he needs air! It makes sense to consider the quality of both. If we do this the results will be visible in a few days, and after a couple of months, improvements in wellbeing will become apparent.
– Mr. Glogg, why did you decide to dedicate your life and career to these issues – air and water?
– Water is the fundamental element for health. It cleanses the body of poisons and agents of decay and delivers nutrients to where they are needed. But, unfortunately, water sources are so polluted that water can no longer manage its functions.
Once I set up an experiment to observe how many useful nutrients from good quality broccoli the body can absorb. And you know what? After an hour, 99% of all useful substances were excreted in the stool! This happened because the water we usually drink cannot cope with its «transport» functions. Sometimes I ask myself: what is going to happen if the means for transporting nutrients in our body finally breaks down? Won’t we die of hunger, despite an abundance of food?
– You mean that the water we drink is far from perfect?
– Exactly. When we examine it in the laboratory, we find many extraneous substances. Although they are trying to convince us that Swiss (like German) tap water is particularly clean, it is not so. Since the beginning of the use of insecticides and weed-killers in agriculture, drinking water has deteriorated in quality. Even in ground-water, the remains of hormones and medications can be found. Doubtful substances leak from water pipes, such as lead, tar, aluminum, heavy metals… the impact of environmental factors on water has increased dramatically. Industrial waste, water- softening agents, nitrates, pesticides and viruses cannot be completely removed from treatment facilities. Despite the stringent requirements for drinking water, substances that should not be found in water are being found again and again in laboratory tests. Treatment facilities are simply not able to purify it to the extent that is necessary for the consumer.
Do you remember how the water cycle occurs in nature? Water evaporates, the evaporation rises and forms a cloud, which pours down as pure rain – it should be thus. But today it is different. The sun evaporates molecules containing chemical compounds which enter a cloud and then get back, as rain, into the network of Rivers and seas- and after that, into our water supply.
– But this concerns only tap water. What about water from famous natural springs?
– That also isn’t free from contamination. Today you can find very few sources of water from which you can drink without fear. We have already found out that rain water is partially poisoned, so I recommend giving preference to artesian sources.
– And as for purchased bottled water, what do you think of it?
– On sale, you can find water from different sources, table and mineral water. It is often no cleaner or better than tap water. Quality requirements might be even lower. Plus, pouring water into plastic bottles degrades its properties too. there are also problems when cleaning multiple-use bottles.
– Many people prefer mineral water, believing that it is good for health.
– Yes, advertising usually says that the body needs minerals. This is absolutely true. But unfortunately, water does not help us in this, because the minerals are present in the water in inorganic forms and are very difficult to absorb. They can even be deposited in the form of salts, which, of course, are not useful at all, or they can clog up the body with toxins and cause the death of cells and, as a result, an acceleration of the ageing process. Getting the daily measure of minerals from drinking water is hardly possible: for this, you would have to drink between 10 and 40 liters!
– Then what is the source of the minerals in our body?
– Food products. It is much better when minerals come in organic form, meaning a form already processed by some living creature or plant, in the form of so-called chelates: bound minerals. So, we can easily satisfy this need with fresh fruit and vegetables: in 100 g of raw plant food, there are more minerals than in 1 liter of mineral water.
Since minerals in food products are not present in the form of mineral salts but as chains of unnatural sugar and protein and chelates, they are much more easily recognized, accepted and excreted by the human body, but if we do not supply our body with sufficient food, it has to work harder to extract minerals from the salts.
– Is it correct to say that water rich in minerals is not as useful as is commonly believed?
– Minerals from water can be deposited as slag in tissues and organs and can even cause diseases such as arthrosis, dementia, circulatory system diseases, sclerosis and lithiasis in organs. In addition, calcium and magnesium in mineral water is not in a pure form, but in the form of sulphates. Calcium sulphate is gypsum.
One should pay attention to the fact that purification from slag is one of the functions of water, and the fewer substances it contains, the more effectively this task is fulfilled.
– Nowadays there is a huge number of different filters for water purification on the market. What do you think about this?
– The choice is not so great: charcoal, ion-exchange filters, distillation and reverse osmosis.
The possibilities of charcoal filters are limited. Basically, they remove chlorine and bacteria. Filters should be changed frequently, as they quickly become contaminated and accumulate bacteria, which can be harmful. Charcoal filters work on the sponge principle: when they reach maximum capacity, they begin to release what they have absorbed. In short, such filters do more harm than good.
Ion converters exchange calcium and magnesium for softer substances, but they do not remove all harmful agents from the water. Therefore, they are not suitable for preparing drinking water. On the contrary: due to the exchange of calcium and magnesium with sodium, the content of the latter in water can quickly exceed the recommended level, which is dangerous as regards an increase in blood pressure. In addition, polymers of ion converters can be glued together.
– What about distilled water? It is perfectly clean.
– It really is. the distillation produces one of the purest forms of drinking water technically possible. Tap water is brought to the boil and then cooled in a cooling coil or in a second vessel. Since the boiling point of many substances is higher than the boiling point of water, these substances settle in the boiling vessel.
The disadvantage of the method is that there are enough nutrients left for microbes to thrive. Along with this, the taste of the water is adversely affected. In addition, cleaning the equipment is very expensive – 2 liters of water requires 2 kW of energy. Therefore, I am opposed to distilled water. It is dead and its use can lead to the demineralization of the body. We need living water, which is conductive, and does not just dry up the body and remove toxins.
– You mentioned reverse osmosis. Among those who live in private houses and use water from artesian wells, this filtration system is considered the most effective.
– This is not far from the truth. Due to the fact that only water molecules can pass through a membrane with the smallest pores, it results in 100% pure drinking water. 96-99% of the larger bodies – bacteria, viruses, drug residues, pesticides, herbicides, and even highly radioactive material, such as cesium 137 – are retained and descend into the drain pipe. This method is really the best.
The only serious problem lies in the fact that, among the devices on the market for treating water by reverse osmosis, many are of quite dubious quality. For non-specialists, it is difficult to understand this.
But I see another solution to the problem of water purification – the combining of different types of filtration, remineralization, purification and revitalization. These systems are known as «molecular filter systems». In this case, gases (for example, chlorine) and dirt are removed from the water and it is remineralized, regaining its conductivity, and it is purified and revitalized (using Victor Schauberger’s surgical steel coil), and thus it regains the ability to purge the body of toxins and deliver nutrients to the places where they are needed.
– How did you come up with the idea of stations equipped with such systems, where people can get clean water free of charge?
– Having discovered that clean water is a good transporter, we recommended that our patients carefully monitor its quality. Some people had the opportunity to buy such a device, and it allows you to clean a large amount of water that can cover all of your needs: to cook food, wash dishes, rinse salad and vegetables… but some did not. I thought: why not install stations in different places where everyone could get pure water for free?
As a result, we have installed 250 stations all over Switzerland, and more than 300,000 liters of water have been provided! Now every single one of our patients can enjoy pure water. And not only our patients – any Swiss person.
– Whatever kind of water we drink, what we breathe is also important. Is that why you installed similar stations so that people could breathe clean air?
– Yes, there are more than 50 stations where people can come and breathe clean air, restoring their energy. After all, the more energy a person has, the faster his diseases will be cured. And it is air that plays the key role here. But this is a big topic… There is more to discuss!
The head of QuantiSana, for whom people’s health is more important than a career in finance. Thanks to his efforts, more than 250 water stations all over Switzerland have been installed, where anyone can come and take the purest water for free, as have more than 50 stations with the freshest air.